"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TESOL: 250-hour TESOL Diploma course | without tutor (+ free course)
The online TESOL Diploma course is our most advanced course and has been designed to suit the needs of practicing teachers or those who already hold a TESOL certificate. Some of the reasons for undertaking our online TESOL Diploma course include, but are not limited to the following:
- To enhance your development and knowledge as an English language teacher.
- To increase your potential to earn a higher salary.
- The increase your chances of obtaining a more prestigious teaching position.
TESOL Diploma Course Content
The course is divided into 11 separate modules as outlined below:
- Course outline
- Module 1: Study Skills
- Module 2: A Brief History of ELT
- Module 3: Second Language Acquisition
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Discourse Analysis
- Module 6: Material Design
- Module 7: Phonology
- Module 8: Assessment Methods
- Module 9: Classroom Management
- Module 10: Embedding Learning Technologies
- Module 11: Continuing Professional Development
- Summative Task (Thesis)
The eleven modules each require about 21 hours of study. The final summative task should take about 20 hours to complete. Therefore, the total study time would be in the region of 250 hours.
TESOL Diploma Course Aims
Our online TESOL Diploma course aims to provide an appreciation of a whole range of teaching issues from learning theories to material design. By completing the course you should find that you have a clearer understanding of your role as an English language teacher.
Working through the course will not only improve your research and writing skills but also help develop a wide range of transferable skills from essay structure to question development.
Diploma Course Assessment
Your progress through the course is assessed on a continuous basis. After working through the materials for each module you will then complete a multiple choice test for that section of the course. Your answers for each module test will be marked automatically and your progress displayed on a bar chart. This testing procedure is repeated for each of the eleven modules that make up the course. The final stage is to submit the research thesis as outlined in the summative task.
Once you have successfully completed all of the module tests and the research thesis, you will receive your online TESOL Diploma certificate.
TESOL Diploma Course Pre-requisites
To enrol on this advanced level course you must:
- Have completed a TESOL or equivalent certificate course.
- Be or have been a practicing teacher.
- Be able to finish all the course content and projects within one year.
Post Course Job Guidance
ITTT provides all reasonable assistance and services in finding a TESOL job after you have completed the course. This includes the following support services:
- Resume/CV preparation guidance
- How to find TESOL employment vacancies
- How to best apply for TESOL jobs
- Interview preparation guidance
We provide these services and more throughout your teaching career.
TESOL Diploma Special Offer:
Sign up for our online TESOL Diploma course without tutor support before the end of this month and receive a 120-hour TESOL certificate course free of charge. Diploma course applicants that are already TESOL certified can choose the CTEYL or CTBE course as their free course option.