"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Home / TESOL Certification
TESOL certification and training are the first steps towards teaching English abroad. The main requirement expressed by employers around the world is that job applicants have this or a similar internationally recognized qualification. Employers will generally expect applicants to have completed an accredited course with the following criteria: 4 week – 120 hours in class course with at least 6 hours of teaching practice, a combined course of 120 hours with at least 6 hours of teaching practice or an online course of no less than 100 hours. All of our TESOL certification courses follow and aim to improve upon the criteria set out by employers and international TESOL organizations.
When considering TESOL certification, the following criteria should be demonstrated by the provider:
- TESOL Certification should meet international standards of teaching English as a foreign/second language
- In class TESOL certification should include at least 6 hours of teaching practice with actual students of English
- Online TESOL certification courses should be no less than 100 hours.
- Trainee teachers should be assessed continuously throughout the course
- Courses, materials, teacher trainers and tutors should be moderated and examined by an external accreditation body. Please click here for more details relating to the bodies that accredit and examine ITTT TESOL certification courses.
- Teacher trainers and tutors are well qualified, experienced and practicing teachers of English
- Meet the requirements of international employers
TESOL certification will enable you travel overseas and take up paid teaching jobs. TESOL Certification really is a passport to the world.