TOEFL | Test of English as a Foreign Language
This test is used extensively by English speaking universities, colleges, private sector businesses and government agencies as a method of assessing proficiency in the English language. Traditionally the test has been available in both paper based and online based formats, however, the paper tests are gradually being phased out as availability of the internet increases around the world.
The test is divided into four separate sections, each covering one of the main language skills, i.e., speaking, writing, reading and listening. The student is then awarded an overall score ranging from 0 to 120, with a maximum of 30 points awarded for each language category in the online version of the test. This test does not set a specific pass mark so any organisation that uses it as an assessment of a person’s English language proficiency is free to set their own scoring requirements.
- 1The application process is free and does not commit you in any way.
- 2Anyone fluent in English and aged 18+ is eligible for our courses.
- 3No previous experience or qualifications are required.
- 4Apply today and receive a free e-guide covering the basics of TEFL/TESOL.
- 5Sign up for your course before 01 September, 2019 and receive an additional course free of charge. *