IELTS | International English Language Testing System
This refers to one of the most commonly used English language proficiency testing systems currently available. On completion of the test the student receives a proficiency rating between 0 and 9 based on their performance in the four separate categories of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
The IELTS testing system is used as standardised proof of an individual’s language skills by a wide variety of organisations including immigration departments, private corporations, universities and colleges. Because the test does not set a specific pass mark it is left to each organisation to set its own required proficiency rating based on the 0 to 9 sliding scale. For example, a university may set minimum requirement of 6.5 for a student to gain acceptance onto a specific course.
- 1The application process is free and does not commit you in any way.
- 2Anyone fluent in English and aged 18+ is eligible for our courses.
- 3No previous experience or qualifications are required.
- 4Apply today and receive a free e-guide covering the basics of TEFL/TESOL.
- 5Sign up for your course before 25 June, 2019 and receive an additional course free of charge. *