Receptive and Productive Skills
The four types of communication skills that are taught in an English language classroom are speaking, writing, reading and listening. These four separate language skills are also commonly referred to as the productive and receptive skills.
Speaking and writing are known as the productive skills as they both require some form of language output, while reading and listening are known as the receptive skills. Alternatively, you may also find the productive skills referred to as the active skills and the receptive skills referred to as the passive skills.
- 1The application process is free and does not commit you in any way.
- 2Anyone fluent in English and aged 18+ is eligible for our courses.
- 3No previous experience or qualifications are required.
- 4Apply today and receive a free e-guide covering the basics of TEFL/TESOL.
- 5Sign up for your course before 24 October, 2019 and receive an additional course free of charge. *