Check out tefl tesol about Accreditation Intensive TESOL and apply today to be certified to teach English abroad.
You could also be interested in:
This is how our TEFL graduates feel they have gained from their course, and how they plan to put into action what they learned:
Personally, I have benefited so much from this course. Below is a summary of some of these benefits:
1. I have gained an enormous and invaluable knowledge which has made me a better teacher.
2. I feel confident to teach than I used to feel.
3. I have developed more love for the ‘english’ language and feel I no longer have boundaries.
4. Now, I am able to properly explain grammatical mistakes to my students; unlike before. I’m now able to correctly and boldly indentify the parts of speech, some of which appeared daunting to me prior to this course.
5. I have corrected so many simple mistakes which I used to commit in english.
6. I used to point fingers when calling out students to answer questions in class. Now, I open my palm and politely call them. This is just one of the classroom manners I learnt from this course.
7. The links provided for digging games and other resources for classroom usage were invaluable.
8. My tutor’s comments were always rich in both knowledge and experience. Some comments he made about student’s in Thailand were priceless and of great help, as I’m currently teaching in china
which is also in Asia.
9. I used not to prepare properly and efficiently before teaching my students. After completing my first five units, I started to take time at home to make preparations for my lessons, and the change was evident in the classroom. I noticed I could disseminate more knowledge to my students, and organize more activities.
I plan to do away with all my previous ‘bad’ habits, and incorporate the knowledge I have gained from this course. I will take time to prepare my lessons, play games related to the lesson (which I used not to do) and find every means possible to motivate my students in the classroom.