Nepal, the land of the Buddha and home to the world's highest mountain, really is a very unique location for taking a TESOL course. The TEFL International TESOL course in Nepal is located in its capital city, Kathmandu. With an approximate populace of around half a million inhabitants, Kathmandu is Nepal's largest and best known city, a cosmopolitan meeting place of many diverse ethnic groups. Kathmandu is well known as a trade center and for many years it controlled the most important trade route between Tibet and India. When you consider this along with the great many man-made and natural attractions of Nepal, it's hardly surprising that the charming city of Kathmandu has become a popular place for tourists to visit and also a popular location for taking a TESOL course.
Situated along the world-famous Himalayan mountain range, Nepal is indeed a mystical place known for its friendly people, temples and unique natural geography. Nepal's landscape is tremendous, including some of the best walking trails in the world.
From the natural and amazing beauty of the Himalayas to the national parks, the ancient temples and pagodas to the lively markets, street traders, and clubs and bars of Kathmandu, Nepal really offers something for virtually everyone and memories gained during a TESOL course in Nepal will linger for a lifetime. For many visitors one visit to this beautiful country is simply not enough.
Eight out of ten of the world's highest mountains are located in Nepal, including the highest mountain in the world, Mount Everest, at 8850 meters. You can really say that Nepal is the top of the world!
There is a huge range of activities for your free time in Nepal including:
- Kayaking, white water rafting, mountain biking, climbing, or trekking in the parks or mountains.
- Visit some of the many Buddhist and Hindu temples.
- For a spectacular, yet different view of the Himalayas take a short plane tour.
- You can also visit a typical Nepalese village, spend time and speak the villagers, have lunch and dinner, spend the night in a traditional village home and then visit a school the following day
- Visit Patan, where you can wander the streets and come across some of Patan's 600 stupas and 185 bahals (Buddhist monasteries), watch handicrafts being made, visit Durbar Square, the Royal Palace, Patan Museum and the zoo
- Kathmandu – walk around the Old City, shop at the many markets for local handicrafts, visit the Royal Palace or the National Museum or one of the many temples. For those looking for more lively activities, there is a wide variety of restaurants, bars and clubs.
- After all that exertion, take a relaxing yoga or meditation class or learn about Tibetan Buddhism
Our TESOL training center in Nepal is situated in Central Kathmandu. The facility is complete with classrooms and all the facilities that you will need during your TESOL course, with hot and cold water on hand for drinks. There's a little tea-shop downstairs that makes simple local meals, plus a wide range of local shops and restaurants nearby.
We offer a range of accommodation options for students of our TESOL courses, or you may decide to make your own accommodation arrangements.
A variety of reasonably priced accommodation is usually available. Prices vary according to the standard of hotel and the type of room that you choose. Prices for a basic hotel start at approximately US $407 per month (this would typically be a single room without air conditioning). Prices for the standard option hotel range would be around US $559 per month (again for a single room without air conditioning).
Normally a room in either the basic or standard option hotels will come with single or double bed, a wardrobe, a desk, and en-suite bathroom with shower. Some rooms also$ have TV. All rooms have running hot water.
The main difference between the basic and standard options is the facilities provided by the hotel and the overall rating/standard of the hotel.
All of the hotels that we use are clean and comfortable and have restaurants, laundry service and room cleaning. Some of the hotels also offer internet services and Wi-Fi.
- 3 February 2020 - 28 February
- 2 March 2020 - 27 March
- 6 April 2020 - 1 May
- 4 May 2020 - 29 May
- 1 June 2020 - 26 June
- 6 July 2020 - 31 July
- 3 August 2020 - 28 August
- 7 September 2020 - 2 October
- 2 November 2020 - 27 November
- 7 December 2020 - 1 January
The total price is divided into: deposit and balance.
The deposit may be paid via a) credit card b) Paypal c) wire transfer d) Western Union.
The balance of the course fee must be paid by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the training center on the first day of the course.
The accommodation fees are not part of the course price and you are free to choose whichever accommodation option you prefer.
You are not obliged to use the accommodation provided by the school and you are welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements. If you choose to use our accommodation, it should be paid for either by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the school at the start of the course.