Florence is a city of great beauty and history with something for just about every taste and it is no coincidence that this is one of the most popular locations for taking one of our TESOL courses. If you plan on teaching English in Italy or elsewhere in Europe, Florence is a great place to take the course as there are many teaching opportunities throughout the region.
Florence is the largest city in the famous wine growing area of Tuscany and this is a city that will really live up to your expectations. As Florence is known as the birthplace of the Renaissance it is home to some a tremendous amount of great artistic works. Fantastic architecture can be found on buildings such as the Duomo, the Battistero, and the Galleria Degli Uffizi while famous works of art by the likes of Da Vinci, Raphael, and Botticelli call all be found in Florence.
If art or history is your thing, Florence and Tuscany have as much as you could wish for. However, Florence isn't just all about culture, it is also home to some of the finest cuisine and wine in the world. If you are a fan of Italian cooking, the restaurants of Florence are a real delight. There are also many other beautiful and historical cities to see in the region such as Lucca, Sienna and of course Pisa with its amazing leaning tower.
Despite its fame and beauty, Florence isn't a very large city. It is home to a population of approximately 500,000 inhabitants and it is an important Italian city for industry and commerce as well as culture and art. Being on the main national railway lines, it is easily accessible from most important places both in Italy and abroad. Florence is located on the main national railway lines and this makes getting to many other parts of the country easy, quick and relatively inexpensive.
Florence really is a piece of heaven on earth and is the perfect place for a TESOL course.Apply now & get certified to teach english abroad!
We offer two wonderful TESOL course locations in Italy, Rome and Florence. Florence is our chosen location in the famous region of Tuscany. Its Renaissance art and architecture combined with the breathtaking beauty of Tuscan scenery ensure a fascinating experience.
Our TESOL training facility is situated in a real Italian area a little away from the main tourist center which will allow you the opportunity to have a more genuine Italian experience.
Our training staff is all experienced and qualified and our support staff will do everything possible to help you get the most from your TESOL course.
There are several accommodation options available while you attend the TEFL International course in Florence:
- A private room in Florence. We have a few different locations in Florence itself for you to choose from, and you may or may not be placed with other students from TEFL International. Some of our apartments are also rented by Italian students who attend the Università degli Studi di Firenze who would be delighted to share their apartment with a visiting student. You would have your own room, so you would have your privacy, while at the same time you would have access to a “real” Florentine student's life. You might even learn some Italian!
- A shared room in Florence (limited availability). This is also a popular option, especially if you are coming to take the course with a friend or spouse. You will have a single bed (double in the case that you are with your spouse) in a shared room in the city. All apartments are furnished, and conveniently located in the city. This is also a good way to get to know another student in the area. TEFL International students will most likely be rooming together in this option, so you'll have someone with whom to discuss your lesson planning ideas, or just go and take a coffee break!
- Home-stay. Some students want the experience of staying with a host family. This option is for those who really want to experience the Italian lifestyle. While you will usually be very busy preparing lessons and teaching, you will have the chance to go home and eat an authentic Italian dinner nightly. If you have some knowledge of Italian, it's a great opportunity to practice! Notes: No overnight guests will be allowed. We will need to schedule a telephone call if you are interested in this option.
- Pensione. If you don't want to worry about making your bed or going to the grocery store for breakfast, then you might want to stay at the Pensione Ferretti, conveniently located in the center of Florence. Roberto and Sandra, a Florentine married couple, would be happy to welcome you to their establishment. Pensione Ferretti also offers free internet and there are fixed phones available for use in every room. Note that overnight guests aren't allowed.
All accommodations will be located within a maximum of 30 minutes’ walk and/or a 15-minute bus ride to the school.
- 21 November 2021 - 17 December
The total price is divided into: deposit and balance.
The deposit may be paid via a) credit card b) Paypal c) wire transfer d) Western Union.
The balance of the course fee must be paid by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the training center on the first day of the course.