Realia is a term that refers to any real life object that a teacher uses as a teaching aid in an English language classroom. The greatest benefit of using real life objects as teaching tools in the classroom is that they can help the student connect the theoretical vocabulary being taught, to the actual object itself.
One simple example of this process would be to have a box full of various clothing items in the classroom to use as props when teaching the related vocabulary. Other examples include the use of kitchen utensils for teaching restaurant staff, or using specific documents to aid the teaching of business English.
- 1The application process is free and does not commit you in any way.
- 2Anyone fluent in English and aged 18+ is eligible for our courses.
- 3No previous experience or qualifications are required.
- 4Apply today and receive a free e-guide covering the basics of TEFL/TESOL.
- 5Sign up for your course before 22 July, 2019 and receive an additional course free of charge. *