Check out tefl tesol about TESOL Ivy Ridge Delaware and apply today to be certified to teach English abroad.
You could also be interested in:
This is how our TEFL graduates feel they have gained from their course, and how they plan to put into action what they learned:
Receptive skills are READING and LISTENING and Productive skills are SPEAKING and WRITING.
Key Skills for a successful receptive lesson:
- Choose material that interests/motivates the students
- Build interest before reading/listening
- Pre-teach complex vocabulary or structures (don't over do)
- Vary the type of material
- Use the material to practise different skills
- Use realistic comprehension tasks that aid understanding
- Incorporate activate phases that naturally lead on from the text
All four skills are equally important and wherever possible should be incorporated or integrated into lessons.