L1 and L2
These terms are frequently used in language teaching as a way to distinguish between a person’s first and second language. L1 is used to refer to the student’s first language, while L2 is used in the same way to refer to their second language or the language they are currently learning. These two terms are particularly prevalent in literature related to English language learning as they provide a simple way of defining the two distinctive categories of language.
- 1The application process is free and does not commit you in any way.
- 2Anyone fluent in English and aged 18+ is eligible for our courses.
- 3No previous experience or qualifications are required.
- 4Apply today and receive a free e-guide covering the basics of TEFL/TESOL.
- 5Sign up for your course before 23 July, 2019 and receive an additional course free of charge. *