"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TESOL: 50-hr course in teaching English to young learners (CTEYL) | without tutor
Throughout the world, specialized English courses that cater to students as young as two years old are becoming increasing popular. Due to this steady increase in demand, teaching English to young learners is one of the fastest growing sectors of the English language market. This course aims to address the issues that are unique to this form of teaching and to help you adapt your existing skills to suit them.
It is often taken for granted that adults enrolled on English language courses are there of their own free will in order to learn the language, however, this is often not the case when teaching young children or teenagers. This course focuses on a variety of educational theories, teaching strategies and classroom activities that teachers can draw upon to keep their young students motivated and interested in the classroom. Completing this specialized course will build on your existing skills and knowledge and also greatly enhance your employment prospects.
CTEYL Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of teaching English to young learners.
- No previous experience or training in young learners’ education is required to complete this course.
CTEYL Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: Professional Development
- Summative Task
This course is structured in much the same way as our main 60-hour and 120-hour TESOL courses. After you have studied each individual unit, your understanding of its contents will be assessed before you move on to the following section of the course.
You will be allowed up to six months to complete the course, and within this time frame you can work at whatever pace suits your circumstances and learning style. Once you have successfully completed all the course units, you will receive your online Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners.
CTEYL Course Aims
Upon successful completion of the CTEYL online certification course, graduates should be able to:
- Consider and discuss, using terminology that is standard within the industry, the role of teaching English to young learners.
- Create a suitable and appropriate teaching syllabus.
- Have realistic ideas for the creation of lessons and also have clear ideas on how to deliver lessons to a range of target groups.
- Locate and create suitable teaching materials for young learners.
- Create and apply assessment procedures, pre-course, course and post course.
- Understand the role of an English language teacher in a wide variety of young learner based situations.
- Identify and pursue professional development opportunities.