The field of teaching English online is one of the fastest growing areas of language teaching worldwide. It could even be set to overtake traditional classroom teaching within the next couple of years. By taking our Certificate in Teaching English Online (CTEO) you will learn how to adapt your existing teaching expertise to fit this unique style of language learning.
Completing the course will provide all the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful online language teacher and give you access to our graduate network of CTEO alumni. Our course graduates are employed by many of the biggest employers in online teaching, giving you a real head start in your new online career.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for teachers who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is aimed at anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
Previous experience or training in teaching English online is not required to complete this course.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
After you have worked through each individual unit, your comprehension of the material will be assessed via a short online test, before you start the following section. An overall average score of 75% is required across all the units before you then work on the final summative task. Once all sections are complete you will receive your course certification.
During the course you are free to work at any pace you prefer as you will be given six months to complete all the units. If you are in a hurry to get going, it is possible to finish the course in just a week or two, although we recommend you allow time to absorb the content fully.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TESOL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TESOL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching English online (CTEO) is included in our 550-hour Expert Package.. For full details of this popular course option follow the link below.