"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TESOL: 50-hr course in business English (CTBE) | with tutor
The continuing globalization of worldwide industry means that employees of many companies are increasingly required to converse in English to a reasonable standard. Due to this worldwide demand, teaching business related English is a rapidly expanding area of the TESOL market. This course aims to show you how you can adapt your existing teaching skills and knowledge to suit this specialized area of the teaching world.
There is a common misconception that in order to teach business English you need to have an extensive knowledge of the business world, however, this is generally not true as the majority of language skills you will be required to teach are the same as for any other English language learner. This course will show you how to build on these common language needs and also how to develop a unique curriculum to suit the needs of your business clients. Successful completion of our business English course will not only enhance your teaching skills and knowledge, but will also increase your employment prospects.
CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
By choosing the tutored option you will gain access to the support and assistance of our experienced online tutors for the duration of the course. You will be able to contact a tutor at any time with any questions or problems you may have, and they will respond with helpful advice via email within one working day.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
The structure and design of this course is much the same as our main 60-hour and 120-hour TESOL courses. After studying each individual unit, your understanding of its contents will be assessed before you move on to the materials that accompany the next unit. When all course units have been successfully completed you will then proceed to the final lesson planning task.
You will be allowed a maximum of six months to complete the course, and within this time frame you can work at whatever pace suits your circumstances and learning style. Once you have successfully completed all the course units and the lesson planning task, you will receive your online Certificate in Teaching Business English.
CTBE Course Aims
Upon successful completion of the CTBE online certification course, graduates should be able to:
- Consider and discuss, using terminology that is standard within the industry, the role of a business English teacher.
- Create a teaching syllabus based on an assessment of a client’s needs.
- Have realistic ideas for the creation of individual lessons which are tailored to the client’s requirements and also have clear ideas on how to deliver the lessons to a wide range of target groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching business related English.
- Create and apply assessment procedures pre-course, course and post course.
- Understand the role of a business English teacher in a wide variety of situations.
- Consider further available opportunities for professional development.